Friday, August 28, 2009

Training... in a very new way

Those of you who know me well know that I've been practicing or training for something for all of my life.... from gymnastics to cheer to dance to running etc... always training. I have embarked on a new training adventure of preparation for a fitness competition coming up in October. For this effort I have given up all of my eating habits (3 square meals/lots of bread/a major sweet tooth) for 6 mini-meals per day filled with protein with the bulk of the eating done earlier in the day.

I'm on Day 5 of the new plan and I must say my body is adjusting. It's ready to eat at the designated times and I'm never starving so I haven't even had a craving for bread one time! I thought for sure that part would kill me and there is no effect at all! My exercise routine is changing too... less cardio and more weights. I had my first training session with my "trainer" Tara on Wednesday... all lower body... all very heavy. I'll just say that I still can hardly get up out of my chair!

That aside I am very very excited for this weekend! This is Wiggy's first weekend off since he started residency on June 20th that we will both be in town (one of his weekends we flew to CA for 40 hours and the other one I was gone for a wedding). Tonight will be my first big "cheat meal" where I get to eat whateva I want and have a glass of wine! Tomorrow we're heading to Galax VA where we're staying in a tiny cabin on the New River Trail. We'll be hiking maybe biking and partaking in the Blue Ridge Parkway and the bluegrass at the "Blue Ridge Music Center". Very much looking forward to a night away!

Last night I hosted Girl's night at my house with a game of Apples to Apples. I never win games and I tore this one up... it was crazy. Last time I played this game I ended up with one card at the end. Last night I had 7!!! We had a nice time chatting and got to meet a couple more wonderful women of Winston-Salem! There really are some fab and hilarious gals around here :)

Happy weekend!

No comments: