Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Adjusting

Just as we've begun to feel accustomed to Wiggy's crazy intern schedule things are about to get crazier. Next week I begin my first class for my Masters Certificate in Healthcare Administration. Even though it's only one class per semester it's been over 5 years since I've been an estudiante and I'm a tad bit nervous when I think about juggling work, volunteering, social life and my extra responsibilities that I cover for Wiggy AND school. On top of that, this coming Monday I will also begin my training/eating regimine for my first fitness competition that will be on October 17th. I really just want to get it all started so I can rid myself of this weird anxiety!

Otherwise, it's been a very full couple of weeks. Fortunately for me, I have re-connected (and connected for the first time) with a wonderful and random group of girlfriends that have been great support and company while Wiggy's gone a lot. Friday evening I did get to hang out with the hubby over a nice dinner with wine at Hutch & Harris. We admired our little city and how incredibly much cooler it is now than say even 3 years ago. Saturday evening I met up with a group and headed over to Meridian Restaurant for their seafood festival. Very fun... great food and music and so many people. On Sunday it was "The Time Travelers Wife" (another book club movie) and pedicures with Lindsey and Carrie. Thursday evening we even had a fondue party with about 15 girls all whom have at least one connection to someone in the group. We always invite everyone to bring a friend so our group is growing. I'm hosting a Game Night next Thursday (a call night that I'm livening up) and the invite now has 25 ladies on it! Everyone gripes about how it's hard to meet new people in Winston-Salem... our group is challenging that! Bring on Girl's Night!

This weekend Wiggy will be off Friday AND Saturday and next weekend he's off completely. I'm very excited to spend 2 weekend days in a row with him!

No comments: