Friday, April 3, 2009

Wiggy's 27!

Wiggy turned 27 on Tuesday which also marks our 7 year anniversary.... yes we started dating on his birthday in the parking lot of the Macaroni Grill here in Winston-Salem. For some reason I don't know if we've been back since which is sad!

This year we celebrated Wiggy's birthday over a several days. We began on Friday evening with dinner with friends Matt, Meghan, Zac, and Jamie at Bleu. The wine and food were wonderful as was the conversation which centered around happenings in the Psych Ward of the hospital and the fact that medical school is... well... pretty much over!

Saturday evening I baked Wiggy a homemade cake with homemade icing. I have been making him the same cake ever since his 20th birthday. It's super moist and made with pudding. He finally informed me this year that he just doesn't like that cake very much... hmm... well he ate it all and you could have fooled me. I must say the homemade icing was pretty tasty.

Finally on Tuesday (his real birthday) I gave Wiggy his presents. I had stayed home from work that day with a one day flu kind of thing... I woke up feeling like I'd been hit by a truck. Groggily I handed over his gifts which included an eggplant colored polo (my hubby loves his purple), a funky DKNY V neck T, some socks, and best of all lift tickets to Copper Mountain for his Colorado Ski trip (his real present) that he leaves for tomorrow. I am super happy that he will be wearing a helmet!

Unfortunately, I took 0 pictures of all of these events including my tasty cake... my memory card is full and I haven't gotten around to deleting anything. In other news, I am thrilled that the sun is supposed to be out for the next THREE days and it actually feels a little like spring! Yippee!!!

No comments: