Thursday, April 23, 2009

Meme, Grand and Smarty Pants







Last weekend Wiggy and I had the lovely opportunity to host my grandparents for the weekend. For Christmas we invited them to come down and stay with us for a weekend and a trip to explore Old Salem. It just so happened that the weekend we picked out fell the same weekend that my brilliant husband was to be inducted into AOA, the medical honors society.

They arrived last Friday afternoon wary from the long drive but very excited to attend the event with us. We got gussied up and headed over to Forsyth Country club for drinks and mingling before an excellent dinner of steak and salmon. Dr. Ober, the leader of AOA at WFU said some kind words about the students and then a very young Dr. that heads up Mission operations in Rawanda and Darfur gave them some words of wisdom for moving forward at this point in their careers. He was very self-depracating and honest and very entertaining. That evening we crashed after watching Seven Pounds.

Saturday we had our traditional Whole Foods lunch and then headed to Old Salem. The weather was gorgeous and perfect for our tour. The trees and plants were all blooming beautifully and it was nice to have my grandparents knowledge and green thumbs readily available to tell us what everything was. After an afternoon of touring we went home for a quick nap before heading to a tasty patio dinner at the Zeveley House downtown. It was an absolutely perfect evening under the southern sky. I think Summer may finally be on the way now... it's about time but I suppose the Good Lord wants us to appreciate it that much more!

Sunday morning I went for a strong long run in preparation for my race next weekend. I checked out the times from last year and I have the potential to place if I run well. It's been a while so we shall see!

We are again experience beautiful weather and it's supposed to be in the 80s this weekend. Perfect for our yard sale at the House of Service, a patio dinner with the Better Halves (medical school wives) as well as finally planting my brand new vegetable garden that my dear husband built for me. Ahhh.... heat, sun, sweat.... my faves!

No comments: