Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Wiggy becomes a Snow Bunny




My husband has swiftly and strongly become a snow boarder. My parents got him "skis" for Christmas and he randomly decided to try snow boarding before making the purchase. He headed to Boone all by himself for a day of lessons and practice and came home determined to buy a snowboard immediately. After many hours of surfing online and lots of help from our friend Zac he settled on a board, boots, helmet, wrist guards and I forget what else....

Anyway, the snowboard arrives after several hours of Wiggy looking out the window looking for FedEx to come to the door like a kid waiting for Santa. Fed Ex arrived and he couldnt wait to open it. After doing so we admired it for a few minutes then i went back to the kitchen and whatever I was doing and about a minute later I hear "NOOOOOOOOOO" coming from the bedroom. Apparently, the Canadian company he ordered it from sent him the wrong size... by 3 centimeters and he would not settle for it.

So later in the week the correct board arrived. This Saturday Zac helped with the bindings and whatever else is required in setting up a snowboard. Sunday morning at 7 AM Wiggy was again off to Boone to try out his new board. He arrived home that afternoon waddling with a very sore tailbone and a comment that " I'm really glad I got the helmet because I definitely hit my head".
I try not to worry during these excursions, but I can't help it. I guess I'll just say a prayer that the helmet does it's job.... oh my husband and his hobbies :)

2 comments:

Holly and Derek said...

That is funny! Derek and I love to snowboard! Tell Wiggy that I can relate, I had a sore tailbone and whiplash after the first couple of times that I went snowboarding too! It gets easier and so much fun. We need to all plan a trip to Utah for some REAL snow!

Lara said...

I rock the helmet too. I love it! It's keep the noggin warm and then we you do fall (and only as a result of other bad skiiers/boarders) you don't go into a coma.