Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Birthday Mama


Last weekend was my Mom's birthday and after a very stressful first month of the year (her Office Assistant quit unexpectedly the first week of January causing 12 hour days for my Mom), I decided to have my Dad whisk her away to Winston-Salem for the weekend. They had not been to visit since September and that's just too long!

Upon their arrival on Friday evening we went to the Little Theater to watch "I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change". It was delightfully funny and appropriate for the Valentine's Day feel in the air.

Saturday morning Mom went to the spa for a massage and facial I had given her for Christmas. Afterward we headed to Whole Foods for lunch (both of our favorites) and then took Jasper to the dog park and enjoyed the gorgeous weather. After that Mom and I got pedicures and went to TJ Maxx for a mini-shopping spree before meeting up with the guys for dinner at The Chop House. It was absolutely wonderful as always. At dinner we presented Mom with her gift from Daddy, Wiggy and me... tickets to see Elton John and Billy Joel next month in Charlotte. She is oh so very excited (as am I!)

Sunday we all slept in then I went for a lovely long run while my parents did a little more shopping before we all headed to the Joel to watch the Deacs redeem themselves. Woo Hoo! Finally, we ended the weekend watching "The Secret Life of Bees" and eating crock pot chili.

I had such a great time that I'm beginning to think maybe it was in fact my birthday? Oh yeah, that's in June and will be here soon enough!

No comments: