Monday, January 19, 2009

An Unexpected Gift of Relaxation

I love 3 day weekends. Especially when you expect to be busy with traveling and then find yourself staying home instead with 3 whole unexpected days to chill. On Friday when I got home from work to grab my post-call husband and hit the road I found a husband that had just gotten into bed 1.5 hours earlier and was totally incoherent. That on top of the fact that the weather was horrible at home (-19 degrees) and I didn't feel up to driving 7 hrs by myself lead to the decision to stay home!

I crawled onto the couch myself for a 2 hr nap followed by groggily chowing some chinese and heading to bed early. Saturday invited 2 impromptu get togethers with the Medical School Crowd. First a Demon Deacon win that puts us at 16-0 AND #1 in the nation at Matt and Megs and then dinner at our house with simple bean soup and The Game of Things that we recently purchased at which I am a miserable failure. Oh well it was still fun.

Sunday we slept in and then I went on a little run before watching movies, cooking stir-fry and catching up on my reading.

Today was the best as I finally got up early, worked out, got a heavenly massage (that Wiggy had given me for Christmas), had a lovely lunch with my hubby and hit up Forever 21. What a wonderful day!

Ah the bliss of those 3 unexpected days of total enjoyment and relaxation. I have a big smile on my face and am postponing thinking about work tomorrow!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Ha! I had to read this entry aloud for Chris...it's hard to remember what life before children was like :-)

Meg said...

Ditto on miserable @ Game of Things... but it was still fun, even if we both stink at it! Are we that easy to figure out?