Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The New Year!







I can't belive 2009 is upon us. This is a special year as it is the year that my dear husband will become a doctor. We've been referring to this year for a while and it's just very hard to believe that it's here! Fortunately for us, and unlike many others, 2008 was a pretty good year. We have been very blessed to have some comfort in a time when so many are suffering.

Wiggy and I brought in the New Year with dinner at our house with a small gathering of friends. I even got out the wedding china for fun, something I've only done a few times. Our friends Blake and Erin and newlyweds Neil and Ashley came over for a lovely dinner and a game of Catch Phrase before the quiet ring to the New Year. It was a nice break from the traveling fiasco we'd been experiencing.

On Friday, we headed down to Atlanta for Wiggy's former soccer teammate, Brent's wedding. We also were able to catch up with my friends Darcey and Christine and others while we were there. It was a wonderful spontaneous reunion of many college friends!

My friend Meghan posted a really fun 2008 recap which will be my next post. Until then, Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You may suddenly feel nostalgic and think about getting in touch with a former old high school classmate. Yet, it's hard to know where to start. My Hometown Schools is a FREE site for locating and contacting your old School, College and University friends, either to catch up on old times, or even to arrange a reunion.. Whatever the reason, we are sure you'll be happy here at My Home Town Schools!