Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Whirlwind

It doesn't quite seem possible that the Christmas season has arrived. Wiggy and I will head out of town on Thursday morning headed toward Pittsburgh for a residency interview before visiting my fam in MD and then heading back to NC only to fly out the next morning to Chicago. We then return for 4 days then go down to the ATL for a wedding. wheew.

I must say that my favorite part of the holiday season is providing Christmas for those who would not otherwise have presents on Christmas morning. We were able to help out several families this year through various charities and church which was a huge blessing to us. Most memorably we bought a bike for a little boy. Wiggy and I both stared inquisitively at the racks of bikes as none of them look quite like the bikes we rode as children. They are lower and the frames are thicker now. With the help of a nice salesman we were able to pick out a fab bike for the little boy and then Wiggy proceeded to try to ride the bike all the way through the store to the very far away register. It didn't quite work, but he gets an A for effort.

I am so happy that we'll still get to see my entire family this year even though we're not going to be home for Christmas day. I get to attend my Aunt Sarah's Dog Party for the first time, sounds like a blast and I can't wait :)

As Christmas day sneaks toward us I become a little more filled with the joy of this incredible season. May we all stay focused on what this day really represents and give praise for the birth of our lord and savior who lay in a manger! Merry Christmas!

No comments: