Thursday, January 6, 2011

2010 Year in Review

2010 was an awesome year in the Saunders house! We are feeling so very blessed to have had so many great things happen in a year. Our lives are so full of wonderful activities and people and it really just gives me butterflies :)

Wiggy and I spent Christmas with my family in Maryland and West Virginia and got our fill of snow I might add. It was wonderful to see my entire family and be able to spend some quality time with my grandparents as well as see some old friends for a fun Christmas Eve lunch! I love to go back home and talk about old times. It's almost a little like going back in time there!

Wiggy and I hosted New Years Eve at our house with lots of our fitness focused friends along with my new friend Doug. Doug has had a tough life thus far with a family that tries to control him by force-feeding him his entire life. He weighs 600 lbs but with the support of lots of new friends and a weight loss challenge I know he will succeed in losing a significant amount of weight and gaining a life! His story is incredibly sad and almost makes me sick to my stomach, but all I can do is be there for him and that's the plan! In fact, he will be attendigng church for the first time in years with Me and Wiggy this Sunday!

This past Sunday our Church Small group hosted a 3-D night at the Bethesda Center for the Homeless. We had a wonderful time praising God with a fantastic group of people who are down on their luck. It is truly amazing to see those who have so little be so thankful and to REALLY praise God for their blessings. We will be returning in a few months and I'm already looking forward to it!

I am still setting my goals for the New Year as I want to be able to really focus on them! Will keep you posted!

No comments: