Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving

The day of Thanksgiving is upon us! Where did Summer go? I often feel that in uncertain times like those we're presently experiencing- being thankful for the many blessings that we DO have and that DO NOT depend on outside forces is even that much more important. I am so blessed to have my wonderful family and husband to ride this wild ride of life by my side.

The last several months have been quite trying for my family as my Aunt and Uncle recently separated and have 2 young boys that are struggling through this as well. That said, I am so thankful that my Uncle and the boys have an incredible support system within the family.

The shining ray of light in these times is that we concentrate on the things that really matter rather than the "stuff" that we have or want or think we need. So this Thanksgiving I want to hold tightly to loved ones, both family and friends, and celebrate family and friendship.

One of my favorite quotes is "If you want to hear God laugh tell him your plans", my isn't it true!

1 comment:

Holly and Derek said...

Emily- I am so glad that you have a blog! They are so fun and I am totally addicted! I hope that you had a great Thanksgiving!