Sunday, December 27, 2009

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Hello to All,
I hope that all of my readers had a very Merry Christmas spending time with friends and family. I have the wonderful opporutunity to spend ten whole days at home in Maryland with my family. Wiggy will join me on the 29th when he'll have 5 days off for the New Year.

The big news of last weekend was the snow in NC! We had 6 inches in NC which caused the whole place to shut down. We were supposed to have a Christmas party on Friday the 16th, but of course the 6 inches caused many to cancel so we decided to host a post-New-Years Party instead. We spent that evening at Walmart purchasing the remaining gifts for the House of Service. Needless to say we were one of about 5 customers in the entire place. Saturday was spent finishing up shopping and then Wiggy and I exchanged our gifts and then went out for Thai. Sunday Wiggy worked so I began packing for my trip to MD, wrapped lots of gifts for the House of Service and delivered them, then headed to the Wake vs. NC State game with my friends Carrie and Michael and Emily Crawford.

After a whirlwind of a few days I headed North to MD on Christmas Eve to meet up wih my family. We went to a nice dinner then Church before crashing for the night. Christmas morning we exchanged gifts and then brunched before heading to my Mom's home town of Petersburg, WV for a Moomau side reunion. It's a crazy place at Mimi's house at Christmas, but always a time to treasure. I spent the night at my Aunt Sarah's house then had a lovely conversation with her the next Morning. Yesterday I headed back to my parents house and then met up with a ton of high school friends to celebrate my friend Megan's birthday.

I almost forgot to mention an amazing experience that I had a few weeks ago. My chruch group participated in DDD at a local homeless shelter. We served dessert and gave a short devotional and then a converastion with the men and women. Many of them were so full of faith that you could feel it radiate through the room. Two gentlemen were even moved to sing for us which was just amazing. I can assure you that we got more out of the experience than any of the men and women we were serving. Praise God for such an amazing experience!

Happy New Year to all!

No comments: