Tuesday, October 6, 2009

And it's Fall

Hello lovely Readers,
Yes, I have been MIA for quite a while. I can't even remember where I left off! Let me just start with a general update. Wiggy is now well into his 4th and final month of straight Q4 (every 4th night) Call! Yay! I am working hard getting ready for my show that is now in less than 2 weeks, crazy! We've also been busy with church, a new bible study that I joined, WFU football, tutoring kids at the house of service and much much more!

A few weeks ago we got to go to Smith Mountain Lake for the Moses Cone Family Medicine retreat. The entire department takes off for the weekend for a nice get away. The first night we had a theme party of decades, which was super fun! On Saturday we hiked, had a big cookout and a big Catch Phrase Game among the interns and a ping pong tournament among the guys. The weekend was a super nice getaway and a chance for all of the residents to bond outside of the hospital.

My parents came down to visit in late September for a big football win against Stanford. We also went to see "The Color Purple" with Fantasia. It was quite possibly my favorite show ever!

I am well into my Master's Program and actually aced my first test which made me feel good as I had major test jitters since I hadn't taken a test since 2004.

Wiggy is hanging in there. I can't say he's been doing much more than working and hanging out with me when he's off. He just doesn't have time to get into much fun in his time off. The printing business still keeps him busy as well.

We are going to the Dixie Classic Fair tomorrow! "Need to Breathe", an awesome Christian band is playing and we're excited for that. We have lots of friends coming into town this weekend for Wake Forest's homecoming and our 5 year reunion! Have we really been graduated for that long? Wow!!! We're getting old. We're very much looking forward to catching up with lots of folks from the Class of 2004!

Promise I won't be a stranger this time!

No comments: