Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Taste of Sunshine


I had the wonderful opportunity to spend last weekend with my grandparents in sunny Florida. They spend the month of March there every year like smart retirees escaping the LONG Garrett County LONG winter. This year they rented an adorable house on the canal in Port Charlotte.

I arrived to big hugs on Thursday evening and then slept in in true grandchild fashion on Friday morning before suffering through a stifling hot run that my body was not acclimated for thanks to unusually cold NC winter. We then proceeded to enjoy the pool before heading out for me to find some wireless internet and go shopping. Meme helped me pick out and then proceeded to purchase a cute dress for Match night festivities this Thursday evening. We finished up at a cute sports bar with fabulous sandwiches to watch the miserable WF game, but at least I had other loud company. * Side note: every place we stopped by/called to ask if they'd be showing the ACC tournament had no clue what we were talking about.... I MEAN FL STATE IS IN THE ACC!!!

Saturday we headed to Englewood to the beach after stopping by Howard's for some fantastic Greek Grub. The beach was fabulous and FULL of large shells, hard on the feet, but fun for searching. That evening we headed to Fisherman's Pier to wander through the shops and had dinner at a fabulous seafood place at the end of the pier overlooking the water. The scallops were HUGE just like I like 'em.

I also taught Grand how to program numbers and assign speed dial on his new phone. I am number 2 and therefore, my nickname has changed from "Prince" (short for my old nickname Princess) to "#2". Kinda sounds like a bathroom joke? hmmm...

We had a wonderful time catching up and hanging out just the three of us for the first time in a really really long time. Thanks Meme and Grand for a wonderful weekend!

No comments: